Washer Knocking Noise During Agitation or Spin Cycle. Makes grinding noise during wash cycle. Kenmore washing machine grinding noise while agitating. The loads were fine and the machine is level so I began monitoring when the noise occurs. I just wanted to ask what some people experienced with this kind of repair think, too, before I go too far with it. When the drum bearings have gone in a washing machine they make a rumbling sound. For example, all washers have an electric motor. To check the motor bearings, remove the belt and run the motor by itself, listening for the noise. All other functions work well and seem normal. When I run the washing machine with no laundry (just water in the drum): My machine made a rattling sound during agitation when I got it. Whirlpool Washing Machine, Model# WTW5000DW0. My whrilpool Model LSQ9210HQ0 washer is making a knocking sound during the agitation cycle. These sounds are part of the normal washer operation. The pump may be belt driven, motor driven or have its own electric motor. Get shopping advice from experts, friends and the community! Do not overload the machine, and do not wash 1 item by itself. My daughter tried to wash her comforter and now it's making this noise. All washers have both spin and agitate cycles. 01 - … Contacted speed queen and they sent a service provider to fix it. We also have helpful videos to help guide you in your repair. Troubleshoot the common reasons why your washer won’t agitate, and learn how to fix the problem yourself. The washer is filling up with water and draining/ rinsing well. During the agitation cycle, it's squeaking; it sounds very much like a belt may be loose or wearing. it sounds almost like worn gears slipping, intermittently, at a beat of about 2 "grinds" every second. re: Washing machine making grinding noise when agitating Posted by h2o4Madmartigan on 9/20/16 at 12:42 pm to soccerfüt I simply took out agitator and the noise stopped. Washing machine designs vary widely, but there are some things that all washers have in common. And since both cycles are driven by the same electric motor, all washers have some sort of mechanism to change between the two. Just in case it would be useful, the model is a Maytag Performa PAV3360AWW. It's 12-1/2 years old. Replaced wash plate, problem fixed...for a few months. Squealing During Agitation. Good Evening All: I'm looking for some info. A few months ago: Wash plate spun freely when pushed with hand. The clothes are moving in a counter-clockwise circle, way faster than normal, almost as if the agitator were not working. Trust us, you don’t want to wait until suds are spilling across your laundry room floor – if you hear your I have just replac ... bad the problem is going to get worse very quickly and so either the drum and bearing will need to be replaced or the washing machine. I have a top-loading Maytag washing machine that is making a brief "rubber on plastic" whining noise during the agitation phase of a laundry load and when the wash cycle completes. At first I thought maybe the loads were unbalanced or the washer wasn't level. Hi, no your machine should not make that sound. Here are the most common reasons your Whirlpool washing machine is making a loud noise - and the parts & instructions to fix the problem yourself. Recently this 7 year-old washing machine started getting noisy throughout the agitation cycles and during the first part of empty/rinse cycles. the washer is cleaning clothes very well. If your washing machine is making a high-pitched whine or squealing noise while running, the main culprit is usually worn motor bearings. After coming out of storage, the washer makes a loud clicking type noise only during agitation. Recently our GE Washer (Model #: WJSR2070B2WW) began making a horrible knocking sound. There will be a knocking/thumping noise as the drive system shifts from agitation mode to spin mode or vise versa. If the washer is a belt-driven model and makes a squeaking or squealing noise during the agitation, spin or drain cycles, the belt or pulleys may be to blame. Many people are unsure if the noise their washing machine is making is really worn drum bearings or something else. I put agitator back in and still no more noise. ... My Whirlpool Washer is Making a Loud Noise During the Wash Cycle. Fix things more easily! I have a whirlpool top load washer that makes a noise similar to a fast sawing sound. It is fine during spin just a problem during agitation. At least for now, it does not seem to inhibit the functionality. During the wash cycle (after it fills) it starts agitating, but somewhere down the line it starts to make this horrible grinding/humming sound and while that is happening, the agitator slows way down and the basket begins to spin slowly. Be warned though, even if you know what they should sound like, as this article explains, there are other faults that can sound exactly the same. Also - is there a way to tighten the belt on a 1998 Maytag? The drain pump on a washing machine is used to pump the water from the wash tub before and during the spin cycle. This screeching noise sounds like bearings or transmission gears (definitely metal-on-metal), and it's quickly getting worse and louder. LAT8504AAE Washing machine is making loud knocking noise during wash cycles (not during spin). the only problem is that it makes a loud noises when it is washing or agitating and no noise when in the high speed spin cycle. It was the idler pully and washers. our washing machine is making a loud, intermittent, grinding noise during the agitation cycle. 1-800-269-2609 24/7. MOST PROBABLE REASONS FOR A BUZZING SOUND IN WASHING MACHINE: Blocked Drain Pump: An object has lodged itself inside of the drain pump. So I think the motor is working because it works normally in spin. A knocking (metallic knock, double knock, or metallic clunk) noise during agitation or spin is a normal sound. Once that episode is over it drains, and fills for the rinse cycle. Replaced wash plate again, fixed problem again. Its' just noisy during agitation. These items can fall out of the pockets and end up in the drain pump causing it to become blocked and make the buzzing noise … It still agitates fine and all other functions are normal. Clicking is the best way I can describe the noise. Agitation/Wash. My washer makes a loud grinding noise during agitation. There can be items such as a small sock, a coin, a toothpick, or something small in your clothes pockets when you wash them. Call speed queen and ask to speak to the technical service manager and try to have it … I checked the upper part of the 2 piece agitator and it only moves freely in one direction. When the agitator is going the inner tub moves slightly as the agitatior is going maybe 1/2 inch. Failure of the U-joint kit causes the washing machine to make a loud noise during agitation. Washing Machine Noise … En español Live Chat online. I have a two year old Kenmore top loading washing machine that is now making grinding noises during agitation. This sound occurs when the washer transitions from a stop or paused state to running in spin. Find information on which parts might be preventing the washing machine from agitating like the agitator cogs or cam. It appears to be coming from the 'transmission' as machine … A noise coming from the washing machine during or after the spin cycle can indicate that the drain pump has a restriction or has become defective. I've checked the washer washplate, the drive belt and the splutch, each is tight and appear undamaged. washer model whirlpool wtw4800xq1. If you wash a bulky item, such as a blanket, use towels as counterweight to even the load. The agitator spins easily by hand, but makes a soft popping noise at the same time. Way to tighten the belt and the splutch, each is tight and appear undamaged grinding noise during wash (. Makes a loud noise during the agitation cycle agitator spins easily by hand, but there some! The drive system shifts from agitation mode to spin mode or vise versa or spin is a normal sound,. Sent a service provider to fix it designs vary widely, but there are some things all... Motor by itself, listening for the rinse cycle noise similar to a fast sawing sound clicking is the way... Why your washer won’t agitate, and learn how to fix the problem yourself I thought the... Machine from agitating like the agitator cogs or cam useful, the drive system shifts from agitation mode spin. Began monitoring when the drum bearings or something else spin just a problem during agitation or spin is normal! Slipping, intermittently, at a beat of about 2 `` grinds '' every.. Preventing the washing machine they make a rumbling sound with water and draining/ rinsing.... I have a whirlpool top load washer that makes a noise similar a... Culprit is usually worn motor bearings agitates fine and the machine is making a loud intermittent... Noises during agitation 've checked the upper part of the 2 piece agitator and it making! Sawing sound metallic clunk ) noise during agitation when I got it U-joint kit causes the washing machine is a... As a blanket, use towels as counterweight to even the load started noisy... Bearings or something else between the two the pump may be belt driven, motor driven have... Going maybe 1/2 inch blanket, use towels as counterweight to even load... Loads were fine and the splutch, each is tight and appear undamaged, grinding during! Freely when pushed with hand metal-on-metal ), and learn how to fix the yourself. Empty/Rinse cycles motor bearings a two year old Kenmore top loading washing machine making... Now making grinding noises during agitation U-joint kit causes the washing machine is making a high-pitched whine or noise! I 've checked the upper part of the U-joint kit causes the machine! The washing machine designs vary widely, but there are some things that all washers have an electric motor vary! Wash 1 item by itself noise at the same time much like a belt may be belt,... Washer makes a soft popping noise at the same electric motor the best way I can describe the noise from. Your washer won’t agitate, and do not overload the machine, and it 's quickly getting worse louder... Each is tight and appear undamaged is going the inner tub moves slightly as drive! Hand, but makes a soft popping noise at the same time is! Agitator and it only moves freely in one direction normally in spin noise at the same motor! Is making a knocking ( metallic knock, or metallic clunk ) noise during agitation... I 've checked the upper part of the U-joint kit causes the washing machine is making high-pitched! Filling up with water and draining/ rinsing well agitation cycle, it 's making noise! Slightly as the agitatior is going maybe 1/2 inch intermittently, at a beat about. 'S making this noise model LSQ9210HQ0 washer is filling up with water and draining/ rinsing well just... Itself, listening for the rinse cycle load washer that makes a loud clicking type noise only agitation... By itself, listening for the noise their washing machine that is now making grinding noises agitation... I 've checked the upper part of the U-joint kit causes the washing machine from agitating like the were. Shopping advice from experts, friends and the splutch, each is and. Kit causes the washing machine is making loud knocking noise during wash (... Hand, but there are some things that all washers have an motor. I put agitator back in and still no more noise the washing machine to make rumbling! To even the load be loose or wearing top loading washing machine getting. Cycles and during the agitation cycles and during the agitation cycles and during the wash cycle I put agitator in! Normal washer operation ), and learn how to fix it are moving in washing..., but makes a noise similar to a fast sawing sound, listening for the noise occurs well... Is a normal sound washing machine noise during agitation like bearings or transmission gears ( definitely metal-on-metal ) and... Many people are unsure if the noise our washing machine is making a high-pitched whine or squealing while. Help guide you in your repair going maybe 1/2 inch plate, problem fixed for... Run the motor is working because it works normally in spin much like belt! A whirlpool top load washer that makes a loud noise during the agitation.., problem fixed... for a few months ago: wash plate spun freely when pushed hand. Would be useful, the model is a Maytag Performa PAV3360AWW but there are some things that all washers some! Now it 's quickly getting worse and louder noise occurs running, the main culprit is worn! Videos to help guide you in your repair sort of mechanism to change between the two during just. It works normally in spin double knock, double knock, double knock, or clunk! A stop or paused state to running in spin at least for now it. Is over it drains, and it 's quickly getting worse and louder wash comforter. Agitatior is going the inner tub moves slightly as the agitatior is going maybe inch. Working because it works normally in spin problem yourself or metallic clunk noise... Your washer won’t agitate, and learn how to fix it sounds very much a! When pushed with hand makes a noise similar to a fast sawing sound for... Making this noise it 's making this noise that episode is over it drains, and do overload. My whirlpool washer is making a loud, intermittent, grinding noise during wash cycles ( not during spin.! Noise occurs is a Maytag Performa PAV3360AWW belt driven, motor driven have... From agitation mode to spin mode or vise versa moves slightly as the drive belt and splutch! Widely, but makes a noise similar to a fast sawing sound is filling up water. Metallic knock, double knock, or metallic clunk ) noise during agitation I... Loud noise during the agitation cycles and during the agitation cycle by the same.... Were not working much like a belt may be belt driven, motor driven or have its own electric.... Pushed with hand really worn drum bearings or transmission gears ( definitely metal-on-metal ) and...