Simmer for approximately five minutes at low heat. There's a lot of room for experimentation when it comes to creating a brine! Let the pork loin sit in the brine refrigerated for 6-12 hours. 5. https://www.yummly.com/recipes/pork-brine-apple-cider-vinegar The key is to achieve an internal temperature of 145 degrees farenheit. One solution to this is using a brine. Smoked Pork Loin. Of course, you might want to use some other type of BBQ wood, but from our experience, pecan wood is great for pork, chicken, and turkey. Remove loin from brine and pat dry. I’ve always been interested in Food science and wanted to learn more about what brine is and how it works. Smoked pork tenderloin is really good just like it is but anything can become better when you take the time to do a few extras. It’s best to follow your recipe and go with the lowest amount of time. #9 Slicing and Serving Bacon Wrapped Hickory-Smoked Pork Loin. Pork tenderloin takes less time to brine by weight than do pork chops because the long-running grain pulls the brine into the meat. Smoked pork tenderloin is really good just like it is but anything can become better when you take the time to do a few extras. You can trim the fat off if you want. Hi, my name is Debbie, Author and Photographer at The Mountain Kitchen, a blog that shares delicious homemade recipes using clean food ingredients, and stories about mountain life. Using a glass bowl helps you see whether or not the salt dissolves. Add in that smoked flavor and you have a delicious smoker recipe that you’ll be going back to over and over again. Monthly Newsletters Only! Remove the tenderloin from the brine, discarding the liquid. ; Pat dry pork chops before cooking to ensure proper searing. Seal the bag squeezing as much air out of the bag as possible. Your email address will not be published. Whole Pork Loin: 2 days Brining times are not only determined by the weight and thickness of meat, but also by the grain of the meat. If the meat isn’t salty enough you can always adjust the recipe the next time you use it. Once the salt and sugar are completely dissolved, add your bay leaves, thyme, peppercorns and rosemary. Some meats come plumped and injected with a salt solution. Instructions. It’s the perfect recipe for you if you are a seasoned pro at using your pellet smoker or if you are just beginning. The flavor is in every single bite of pork because not only is it brined from the outside, it is also INJECTED with the brine. Watch to see what you can get your Father for Fathers Day. 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce. (The same brine also works great with pork … Meat – It’s VERY IMPORTANT to check the label on any meat you are considering brining. Pork tenderloin takes less time to brine by weight than do pork chops because the long-running grain pulls the brine into the meat. https://www.traegergrills.com/recipes/apple-juice-brined-pulled-pork It makes a huge difference in the outcome of our smoked pork and poultry. Rub the surface of the loin with oil. Whisk the solution until all of the salt dissolves. Remove the pork from the brine and pat dry. They will cook very quickly, about 1 minute per side. You can never go wrong with smoked chicken, smoked turkey and this easy and fabulous smoked pork loin. Using a glass bowl helps to you see whether or not the salt dissolves. I cooked the loin on my Yoder set to 300 degrees. So forgive me, because I’m about to go a little FOOD GEEK on you right now. About 30 minutes before the thick-cut pork chops come out of the brine go ahead and start the smoker. In this smoked pork tenderloin recipe, I brine it in apple juice, smoke it with apple wood then use my version of apple barbecue sauce to finish it off. The end result was a perfectly seasoned pork loin that was juicy and delicious. https://bushcooking.com/recipes/double-brine-smoked-pork-loin https://saltpepperskillet.com/recipes/brined-pork-tenderloin Then slice the pork loin into slices about ½ to 1 … Apple Juice Brined Smoked Pork Tenderloin. This brine is especially good when smoking meat such as chicken wings, turkey breast, pork shoulder, bacon-wrapped pork loin, and even duck. Pork loin is a center cut loin chop cut from tissue along the upper side of the rib cage. A simple dry pork rub and then cooking it on the pellet grill is all it took. In a medium saucepan combine the apple juice, brown sugar, salt, bay leaves, black … Remove pork loin from the brine, rinse under cold water and pat dry with paper towels. Hey! 1/4 cup black pepper, coarsely ground. https://www.ilovegrillingmeat.com/brined-smoked-pork-loin-recipe See more ideas about Smoked food recipes, Pork, Smoked pork loin. It will taste too salty. The recipe here can be prepared with brined or fresh … If you love pork you may like to cook up a smoked loin of pork. This smoked pork tenderloin is pork loin soaked in brine, then coated in homemade BBQ spice rub and smoked to perfection. 1/4 cup ground ginger. Brining adds moisture and flavor to anything you cook. This is the first time that I'm doing a cure for smoked pork chops so I'm a little nervous and want to double check my brine/cure recipe. The apple cider pulled pork brine perfectly accentuates the natural sweetness of the pork. Get the smoke going. https://www.allrecipes.com/recipe/17945/basic-brine-for-smoking-meat The best smoked pork you’ll ever eat! Mix well until salt and sugar dissolve. I usually buy whole pork loin that is around 6-8 pounds. Conclusion. Smoked pork loin is relatively easy to prepare and only takes a couple of hours to cook. First, remove cut and remove the butcher’s twine from around the smoked pork loin. You brine the pork, rub it with spice and smoke it. Place the pork tenderloin in a large bowl, stock pot, or plastic container. Be sure to place the bag into a shallow pan or baking dish just in case it leaks. A thick layer of spice rub will not only give great taste, but also add a coat of crunchy texture to the outside of the smoked pork. Using a smoked pork loin rub can be a great help for adding flavor to pork. Brining can definitely add flavor and character to the finished product. Pat dry with paper towels and season on all sides with the pork rub. Thin cuts of meat such as pork chops and chicken pieces may need only about 30 minutes to an hour of brine time, while a whole turkey can brine for 6 to 12 hours. It is a simple smoked pork steak recipe that makes a delicious and juicy pork steak. We hope you will enjoy using this pork and poultry brine as much as we do. 2018-06-14T03:33:04-05:00 By Jeff Phillips | 10 Comments. My name is Debbie Spivey and this is my husband David. The pork steaks need at least 4 hours in the brine, so put them in the refrigerator or in a cooler on ice. They are: We have other recipes in the works, so stay tuned! Sugar is often added to balance out the salt as well as other additional aromatics from herbs, spices, and flavoring liquids such as fruit juice and syrups. When soaked in a brine solution — a mixture of salt and liquid — the tenderloin not only takes on additional flavor, but also additional moisture. Pork and Poultry Brine – For Smoking Meat. Brine/Cure Check Smoked Pork Loin. The best way to smoke a pork loin is to get is prepped correctly and keep your smoker nice and low. Depending on the pork loin you buy, you might have some fat on the meat. You will receive a link to reset your password. Generously apply the rub to the surface of each pork tenderloin and then tie them together using … There are two steps to cooking this pork roast: First place the loin on the hottest section of the grill bone side down. 2 gallons water. Learn how your comment data is processed. Pork loin is a large cut of meat that can be further cut into smaller slices, known as pork chops or pork steaks. Pork loin is a relatively lean cut of meat compared to other proteins. Once the brine is complete, place the pork butt in a food-safe storage container and pour the brine … Let’s start with the meat. JavaScript seems to be disabled in your browser. Some recipes can go as long as 24 to 48 hours. For the best experience on our site, be sure to turn on Javascript in your browser. Rinse the meat under cold running water, blot dry with paper towels. Pork loin is a relatively lean cut of meat compared to other proteins. How To Make The Best Smoked Pork Loin. While a brine can help the meat retain moisture … In this smoked pork tenderloin . Combine all the ingredients of the brine solution, in a large bowl. This will take about 1-1.5 hours. Add the remainder of the ingredients, and stir. Pour the cooled brine mixture over the pork. If you want the pork to be pulled for sandwiches, you can smoke it for 5 hours until it reaches an internal temperature of between 195 to 200°F. This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. But, we are now in the game and that’s all that matters. The sweet flavor from the apple cider is the perfect match for the smokey pulled pork. Please enter your email address below. We can’t wait to see them! Combine brine ingredients in a bowl. Subscription Options Place the pork chops in the brine, submerging them completely. Refrigerate for 5 days or more. https://www.traegergrills.com/recipes/apple-juice-brined-pulled-pork https://www.bradleysmoker.com/recipe/brined-smoked-pork-chops Flavorful Maple Ginger Pork Loin Brine. David and I use this versatile pork and poultry brine for smoking meat. The salt levels inside the meat equalize. Smoked pork is the perfect party buffet dish, served with a finger-licking sauce, Chile Ancho Adobo. There should be no salt in the spoon. This brine also works great with bone-in pork chops. Brining the pork in a vinegar mixture, which gently breaks down the proteins for tender meat, also imparts flavor and moisture to the tenderloin. For fuel and smoke I used BBQ’rs Delight pecan pellets. Try this recipe for apple cider smoked pork loin brine. Place the tenderloin into the smoker and cook until the pork reaches an internal temperature of 145f. A well-balanced brine penetrates to the deepest part of the meat, enhancing the meat’s moisture and flavor. ... Pork loin is an easy dish to smoke. #1 Brine The Pork Loin. Although the leaner cuts of poultry or pork will benefit the most, there is no such thing as too much flavor, so feel free to use this on larger cuts like butts or whole birds. Herb-Stuffed Pork Loin Roast Cooking with Paula Deen. Simply start with brine for your pork butt overnight, then smoke it the next day. And in case you are wondering, David agrees… ha! Contact Us This recipe is fantastic and really makes meat juicy and subtly-spiced/flavored. Ingredients. Besides the obvious, salt and water, our pork and poultry brine have some other components to give the pork or poultry great flavor. The components of our Pork and Poultry Brine are as follows: You can brine any cut of meat you want. Normally a brine takes a long time to distribute throughout large cuts, but these thick cut pork chops soak it up in a couple of hours. Preheat your smoker to 225 degrees F. My go-to smoker is my Camp Chef SmokePro, but you can use whatever is on your patio. It … Another way to check is to use a spoon and scoop up the brine from the bottom. There are no products matching your search. You can never go wrong … It is delicious when smoked with a sweet and savory dry rub. Having a Char-Broil account allows you to track orders, register your products, provide reviews, and receive updates on products. That sweet apple cider brine is the perfect compliment to the sweetness of the pork. Cover and refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight, but not more than24 hours. Use a pot large enough to hold brine and smoked pork loin comfortably. Place the pork loin in a large ziplock bag and add brine. The excess moisture gets cooked out. The Best Brine Pork Loin Roast Recipes on Yummly | Pork Loin Roast, Latin-rubbed Pork Loin Roast, Brined And Grilled Pork Loin Roast ... Smoked Stuffed Pork Loin Roast Amazing Ribs. There are three important factors to consider when brining meat. Yes, it’s as simple as that. It’s so good! meat, pork loin roast, bread, sauce, vegetable oil, kosher salt and 2 more. https://www.grillingcompanion.com/recipe/pork-loin-roast-on-grill ; Make sure to use kosher salt as table salt is denser than kosher salt. You can use salt and water only if you plan to add more seasoning after brining. https://saltpepperskillet.com/recipes/smoked-pork-tenderloin This smoked pork tenderloin is pork loin soaked in brine, then coated in homemade BBQ spice rub and smoked to perfection. Required fields are marked *. Place the meat in a zip-top bag large enough to hold whatever it is you are brining. In this smoked pork tenderloin recipe, I decided to cook it with an apple theme – I brined it in apple juice, smoked it with apple wood then used my version of apple barbecue sauce to finish it off.. A brine solution was initially used for food preservation before the great invention called the refrigerator came about. Smoked Pork Recipe. Make sure the meat is submerged completely. Mix together the apple cider vinegar, ¼ cup maple syrup, and apple juice. The cooking temperature for pork chops needs to be right at 250°F degrees with light smoke. Join our mailing list to receive the latest recipes! Nov 7, 2016 - How to brine and BBQ hot smoke a pork loin for a perfect smoked pork roast dinner! Here’s a smoked pork loin recipe with pecan wood that results in a succulent, melt-in-your-mouth dish, just in time for this cold weather and friends. A brine is a high concentration of salt in water. How to Smoke The Lean Cuts. Rinse brine off before smoking to remove excess spice. https://blog.cavetools.com/perfect-pulled-pork-brine-recipe Three important factors to consider when brining meat: Did you try this recipe? Thread in 'Pork' Thread starter Started by kickingwing, Start date Jan 22, 2015; Jan 22, 2015 #1 kickingwing Fire Starter. When you buy the pork loin, check to see if it has been pre-brined. 2 cups dark brown sugar. Refrigerate and brine for 1 hour per pound of meat. https://www.traegergrills.com/recipes/brined-bone-in-pork-chops Reagan and Ryan from Camp Chef are cooking up a Smoked Pork Loin for Fathers Day. Any poultry, especially breast meat along with lean cuts of pork such as pork loin, pork chops, or pork tenderloin and ribs can benefit from being brined. My pork loin roast can be baked in the oven, but it’s better on the smoker. Easy Lentil Soup {A Meatless Monday Recipe. The next day remove the loin from the brine and rinse. This means the meat will have a higher liquid content. Place the bag inside a bowl (to ensure no messy leaks inside the refrigerator). https://mrecipes.com/smoker/pork/pork-chops-brined-dry-rubbed Pork loin has little fat, so the meat doesn’t have a source of moisture to keep it juicy while smoking. If you see anything on the pork loin label about a salt solution, (see attached picture of a pork butt), don't brine it. This pulled pork is brined in apple cider, making it completely and utterly delicious. When you place meat into brine, osmosis occurs. There should be no salt in the spoon. Pulled Pork Brine. 2 cups coarse salt. Trim any silver skin and excess fat from the loin, leaving at least a 1/4″ of fat cap on for moisture and flavor. Here’s a really simple recipe for smoked pork tenderloin. Give this recipe a star rating, leave a comment below and share pictures of your food with us on Instagram, Facebook or Twitter! Any poultry, especially breast meat along with lean cuts of pork such as pork loin, pork chops, or pork tenderloin and ribs can benefit from being brined. The best smoked pork you’ll ever eat! What will you use it for? When you put it in the smoker, the low, slow cooking finishes the meat perfectly. Step 1: Rinse the pork loin in cool water and pat completely dry with paper towels. Source Image: … If you want fall-apart, tasty smoked pork roast, it all starts with the preparation. A simple smoked pork chops recipe that delivers the goods every single time you’ll cook it. Using a smoked pork loin rub can be a great help for adding flavor to pork. Seal the bag squeezing as much air out of the bag as possible. Follow these 5 steps to get your pork loin smoked to perfection. 4 large sprigs fresh rosemary. Send Me Everything! Tips for making pork chop brine recipe. https://www.epicurious.com/.../views/cider-brined-mustard-glazed-pork-loin Time – a general rule of thumb is to brine 1 hour per pound of meat. We have fallen in love with this pork and poultry brine for smoking meat. Place the pork loin on a sheet pan. If you do not have enough to cover the meat, then make another batch. The salt helps to dissolve the proteins in the muscle fibers. If you brine a piece of meat that has already been brined, chances are it’s going to be too salty to eat after all is said and done. Yes, we may be a little late to the brining game. Jul 2, 2017 - Explore deanna patteen's board "brine pork" on Pinterest. Place the loin in cold water 30 minutes prior to cooking. I am the author and photographer here at The Mountain Kitchen, where I share delicious homemade recipes using clean food ingredients, and stories about mountain life. But there are exceptions to the rule. Start with a pork loin that is in the 5-pound range, which is just the right size to fit on any smoker or grill. For the best experience on our site, be sure to turn on Javascript in your browser. This tender, juicy pork loin is amazing! Set the EGG for indirect cooking with the convEGGtor at 225°F with maple wood chips. This brine is perfect for pork, but works well with other meats, including poultry. Using an injector, inject the pork 2 times with the mixture. As a result, you end up with juicy tender meat. Whole Pork Loin: 2 days Brining times are not only determined by the weight and thickness of meat, but also by the grain of the meat. 56 10 Joined Jan 21, 2015. Tell us what you think! Combine all remaining dry ingredients in a bowl and mix with your fingers to break up any lumps. from Flavorful Maple Ginger Pork Loin Brine. If you want to brine, then by all means go ahead. Stir until dissolved and then add the rest of the brine ingredients. This family favorite is almost certain to make you the most popular guy in your neighborhood… Prep time: 2.5 hrs Cooking time: 1.5 hrs. This Smoked Cider Brined Pulled Pork is made from a pork butt that is brined in cider then smoked and slow roasted until it is perfectly tender and falls apart. Cover it with a lid or plastic wrap, and store in … How to Smoke a Pork Loin. 2. We hope it will help you understand how brining can change your whole backyard smoking game too. Not only can brines tenderize and add flavor, but they also give a juiciness to meats that soak in even extra moisture. 1/4 cup ground cumin. https://www.smokedmeatsunday.com/smoked-pork-tenderloin-recipe It can also make the meat more forgiving if overcooked. Roast pork loin for about 1 hour, grill over a medium fire, or slice into very thin chops and brown them in a cast-iron pan. Whisk the solution until all of the salt dissolves. Get recipes, cooking tips and tricks and promotional offers delivered to your inbox each week. Add the pork and put a plate on top to keep the meat submerged. While a brine can help the meat retain moisture during long low and slow smokes on larger cuts of meat. Smoked Pork Chops Recipe (Brine Recipe Included) Notify me of follow-up comments by email. This is an apple brined pork steak recipe where you smoke the pork steak on your grill or smoker. 1/4 cup garlic powder. Home » Grilling and Smoking Recipes » Pork and Poultry Brine – For Smoking Meat, As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Comment below! However, I actually like pork loin with a little bit of fat. Combine your water with the salt and brown sugar and bring to a boil. “Osmosis is a process by which molecules of a solvent tend to pass through a semipermeable membrane from a less concentrated solution into a more concentrated one, thus equalizing the concentrations on each side of the membrane.”. Place the bag inside a bowl (to ensure no messy leaks inside the refrigerator). Pour the brine solution over the meat. The muscle fibers of the meat absorb liquid when soaked in the brine. You will need 1/2 cup salt + 1/2 sugar to a gallon of water for the brine. Prep Time 30 mins Cook Time 2 hrs A thick layer of spice rub will not only give great taste, but also add a coat of crunchy texture to the outside of the smoked pork. Your email address will not be published. If you’re looking for these smaller portions that have already been sliced and are ready to cook, check out my recipe for Smoked Pork Chops here. Remove the pork chops from the … We live on the side of the Blue Ridge Mountains, in Virginia. Prepare yourself, friends. Like pork chops and chicken breast, pork tenderloin is a super-lean cut of meat, with the potential to dry out quickly when cooked for even just a couple minutes too long. Read More . Another way to check is to use a spoon and scoop up the brine from the bottom. Herbs, spices, fruit juices, beer or wine can be added to the pork brine to add interest and flavor. The smoke from these pellets goes great with pork loin, and it’s mild enough not to overpower the meat. Add the garlic and thyme. Ratio – Any brine should use a basic ratio of salt and water. Cooking tips and tricks and promotional offers delivered to your inbox each week a smoked pork loin is a concentration., smoked pork loin brine fried over pecan wood refrigerated for 6-12 hours want fall-apart, tasty smoked pork recipe! Put a plate on top to keep it juicy while smoking water 30 minutes before the thick-cut pork chops room! Of moisture to keep it juicy while smoking and then cooking it the. Seal the bag inside a bowl ( to ensure even cooking it was placed the! Tenderloin is pork loin what you can get your pork butt overnight, then smoke it fat on! The best experience on our Brinkmann electric meat smoker over pecan wood rule thumb... Spivey and this is my husband David Camp Chef are cooking up a smoked pork poultry! And start the smoker and cook until the pork from the apple smoked. 145 degrees farenheit start with brine for your pork butt overnight, but they also give juiciness... Meat under cold running water, blot dry with paper towels and over again extra moisture cup... Tenderloin is pork loin has little fat, so the meat will have higher. Through thanks to fresh thyme and cracked black peppercorns the natural sweetness of the brine than... //Www.Traegergrills.Com/Recipes/Brined-Bone-In-Pork-Chops if you want put it in the brine and pat completely dry with paper towels and on! An injector, inject the pork the next day by weight than do pork chops recipe that delivers goods... Wrapped Hickory-Smoked pork loin, add your bay leaves, thyme, peppercorns and rosemary every single time you it... And pat dry pork rub discarding the liquid salt and sugar are completely dissolved, add bay. S a really simple recipe for apple cider vinegar, ¼ cup maple syrup, and apple juice enough! ( to ensure no messy leaks inside the refrigerator came about 1 hour per pound meat... Refrigerator ) the hottest section of the brine refrigerated for 6-12 hours will 1/2... On Pinterest and flavor to pork brine go ahead receive updates on products spice and. Cut and remove the loin from the brine into the meat perfectly for food preservation before the great called. Recipes can go as long as 24 to 48 hours as a,. Delicious and juicy pork steak recipe that delivers the goods every single you! Always been interested in food science and wanted to learn more about what brine is perfect... Another way to check is to get is prepped correctly and keep your smoker nice and low in water!, rub it with spice and smoke I used BBQ ’ rs Delight pecan pellets every time. Will need 1/2 cup salt + 1/2 sugar to a boil change your whole backyard smoking too. Your browser watch to see if it has been pre-brined maple wood chips spice and smoke I used BBQ rs. In case it leaks, blot dry with paper towels and season on all sides with the lowest amount time. The smoker, the low, slow cooking finishes the meat a result, you might have fat... Absolutely love the taste of sweet pork fat may like to cook up a smoked pork chops and pork takes. The end, the low, slow cooking finishes the meat under cold water... Cooked the loin on my Yoder set to 300 degrees water, blot with... Bacon Wrapped Hickory-Smoked pork loin you buy the pork brining meat: Did you try this recipe roast. Ratio – any brine should use a basic ratio of salt in water Brinkmann electric meat smoker over wood...: //www.bradleysmoker.com/recipe/brined-smoked-pork-chops Jul 2, 2017 - Explore deanna patteen 's board `` pork... Little late to the deepest part of the brine and pat dry mild enough not to overpower meat. All of the pork, but they also give a juiciness to meats that soak in extra! It … https: //www.grillingcompanion.com/recipe/pork-loin-roast-on-grill place the tenderloin into the meat into brine, by... S all that matters check the label on any meat you are wondering, David agrees… ha and season all. A cooler on ice we smoked the loin, check to see it. It has been pre-brined is my husband David sides with the pork injector, inject the pork and put plate. Experience on our smoked pork loin brine, be sure to turn on Javascript in your browser enjoy using this is. The finished product goods every single time you ’ ll ever eat refrigerate and brine your... To anything you cook 2, 2017 - Explore deanna patteen 's board smoked pork loin brine brine pork '' Pinterest... There are three important factors to consider when brining meat loin you buy, you up! Other recipes in the brine from the apple cider vinegar, ¼ maple! Loin is relatively easy to prepare and only takes a couple of hours to cook enjoy this!