What a cute garter! And we’re here in this same Yerkes Observatory, getting married in front of our family and friends. With the possibility of this being my last wedding at Yerkes due to it’s closing, this wedding was extra special. She was so shy. Baessler Wedding at Yerkes Observatory 7-14-18 « Back to Album: Photo 2 of 18 Previous | Next: Baessler Wedding at Yerkes Observatory 7-14-18 Posted on July 17, 2018 Full Size| Photo Categories. YERKES OBSERVATORY. Why here? Photography by Heather Cook Elliot Ceremony at Yerkes Observatory Reception at The Abbey Resort Impressed by Edwin’s progress, Frost got his fellowship increased to $320 from the second year onwards. Wife. But I meant it. Frontier Flowers of Fontana created these magnificent statuesque floral arrangements that complemented Yerkes architecture in the most beautifully subtle way. The music and recited poems were meaningful and brilliant. Right in the front lawn of this Observatory. And what an awesome group … It is the home of Yerkes Observatory, a facility devoted to research in astronomy and astrophysics and the world's largest refracting telescope ever constructed and used for astronomical observations. In 1931 it had the third largest telescope in the World; the 69 inch aperture Perkins telescope came online at this observatory. Yerkes Observatory was the pet project of Charles Tyson Yerkes, a Chicago transportation bigwig. We got engaged at Yerkes Observatory, and we thought the Owney the Dog. Apr 5, 2017 - Explore Gary Berlak's board "Yerkes" on Pinterest. I’d heard it was a special, romantic place but I never had anyone who wanted to take my micro-adventures with me. It offered a grand staircase and stone pillars made for some extraordinary group portraits. Find a photographer you bond with months before the wedding and whose wedding and non-wedding photographs you totally dig. var $ = ml_jQuery || jQuery;

I love you so much. Gage Marine, which runs the excursion boats on Geneva Lake, is headquartered here. It is owned and operated by Ohio Wesleyan University. Reception: Abbey Resort, Lake Geneva. Do the absolute best you can to make sure people don’t drink and drive after the reception (provide transportation or have the reception near or in a good hotel). That was a … Merriam, Charles E. 50th Wedding Anniversary 3 Series I: Individuals and Groups. There was some crazy energy coming from around you.” I had no idea Kate and I had even interacted much that day. We actually got to know each one of them by name. The Thanksgiving Arrangements; Occasions. “Kristina fills the room with her smile and makes those around her feel special”. 810. Brittany & Ben . Now that you've visited Yerkes Observatory, you can explore the sights and attractions within a few miles of the area. The Yerkes Observatory is open to the public for tours and even telescope observing on certain days and times of the week. I exploded in tears. The Observatory. We became friends. Thought Pictures Cool Pictures Cosmos Out Of This World Dream Job … Thus endeth my list of 15 of the most significant years in Lake Geneva’s 19th century history. Alicia Nielsen & Hayden Ingersoll . I’d never had a breakdown like this before. Anthony & Danielle . This couple is so special to me. Search and ad results are shown based on factors such as relevancy and (for … We had an age gap and I was really fat by then and happy to be alone. These poems were “Compassion” by Miller Williams, “Happiness” by Carl Sandburg, and “With Our Eyes Shut” by Octavio Paz. Storyteller. He’d built the El trains in Chicago. As fate would have it, her new job placed her on the same committee as me for this damn parade. Kat, I asked myself that same question! The Lake Geneva area also boasts a number of one-of-a-kind attractions including Black Point, a painstakingly restored estate offering public tours spring through fall; Yerkes Observatory, home to the world's largest refracting I was not at that place and she was just out of college. Rohweder Wedding. Thanks for checking it out . We plan a dusk–to–dawn star–gazing, constellations identification, and study of the diurnal movements of the stars. I really like enjoyed the architecture of the building, the tour, not so much.. See more ideas about Observatory, Architecture, B Photographer. The Yerkes Observatory in Williams Bay is a beautiful historical landmark. Yerkes Observatory . Star Clusters. Make sure the rings fit. function ml_webform_success_8006388() { I'm m three. The mirror was the largest cast in the United States up to that time, and it was made by the United States National Bureau of Standards.. Edwin … No one else talked about that with me. « Cara & Alex – Yerkes Observatory wedding – Lake Geneva Wedding Photographer « Cara & Alex – Yerkes Observatory wedding – Lake Geneva Wedding Photographer. In love and together. When Kate had first reached out about the possibility of having me photograph their Yerkes Observatory wedding, she had described Walt and herself in the following words: “Walt is an enchanting, adventure seeking, beer loving, poet of a human from a farm in Arkansas. Yerkes Observatory: Un unexpected jewel in the midst of Wisconsin - See 327 traveler reviews, 156 candid photos, and great deals for Williams Bay, WI, at Tripadvisor. Jonathan and Valerie . The waiter looked at the text and hit send on Kate’s phone. By: Diana Hannikainen … I can be a bit much to handle with all my curiosities and peculiar passions. Yerkes Observatory is an astronomical observatory operated by the University of Chicago in Williams Bay, Wisconsin. Kathleen & Bobby – Yerkes Observatory & Abbey Springs Wedding. I didn’t know anyone from Lake Geneva or Williams Bay and I had no idea Fontana existed. Well told. We had our friends and family sing and perform songs during the ceremony. Blog Home About m three portfolio connect website. There are good reasons to visit Yerkes Observatory: if you like astronomy, of course; if you like architecture (its 1895 buildings are awesome), if you like history and the history of science, and if you enjoy landscapes. “Our inspiration for the day was to showcase our specific, unique love story. Perkins Observatory is an astronomical observatory in Delaware, Ohio.It is owned and operated by Ohio Wesleyan University.. The circle of people she was talking to parted at once and I walked over to her in some unusual act of boldness and whispered in her ear, “You are the most beautiful woman in Chicago.” I may have said the country or the world or even the Cosmos. We are fans! C/1911 O1 (Brooks) from Yerkes Observatory, Wisconsin, 19 Oct 1911 Grotto In An Iceberg, Photographed During The British Antarctic Expedition, 5 Jan 1911. A week or so later, she texted me “Wanna go have a ____ sometime.” A what? Thank you! Have a handkerchief for sweating and tears during the ceremony. So nervous to meet her parents because of our age difference, she made me meet them a month into dating. Consider a Sunday or weekday wedding! Call 262-245-5555, ext. Be yourselves. On a crowded dance floor (which is odd because we don’t dance in public) this shy girl reached out and held my hand. CHILDS CO. Etsy uses cookies and similar technologies to give you a better Send O'Connor Wedding - The Abbey Flowers today! Now Kathleen and Bobby…they had me just emotional.  With Bobby tearing up as his beautiful bride walked down the isle, to his beautiful words to her at the reception, there was not a dry eye in the house.  Such a beautiful day it was!