Old-Fashioned Fruit Soup In a large pot combine apricots, prunes and water and let rest 30 minutes. You can use Scotch, Irish, or Japanese whiskies if you would like, but it’s both a waste and not really an old fashioned. See more ideas about Cooking recipes, Recipes, Food. Nannys Old Fashioned Potato Soup With Russet Potatoes, Onion, Bacon Fat, Chicken Stock, Water, Salt, Black Pepper, Dried Thyme, Butter, Heavy Cream, Water, Corn Starch. Allrecipes is part of the Meredith Food Group. Yes! The trick is to simmer the soup slowly to retain the shapes of the fruit. This tomato soup cake is frosted with cream cheese frosting. Dust with flour. 8 cups chicken stock, water, or a combo If you are following a medically restrictive diet, please consult your doctor or registered dietitian before preparing this recipe for personal consumption. Old-Fashioned Fruit Soup. This one was shared by Katherine Z. Uhrich of Loveland, Colo. GERMAN FRUIT SOUP (Schnitz Suppe)1 c. dried sliced apples1/2 c. dried apricots1/2 c. dried prunes1/2 c. raisins, packed1 scant T. all-purpose … Make the best chicken soup the old fashioned way, from scratch. Excellent and tasty!! The ingredient of Nannys Old Fashioned Potato Soup. BIOG:NAME:UPD: 19970421 -TEXT-DEAR MELBA:Dede Enochs asked for a mixed-fruit soup recipe. Fruktsoppa (Old-Fashioned Fruit Soup) recipe: Try this Fruktsoppa (Old-Fashioned Fruit Soup) recipe, or contribute your own. A family recipe passed down through my brother-in-law’s family, his grandmother, who learned it from her mother, faithfully made and served the sauce on her fruit salad every holiday from 1910-1966. This is a wonderful Norwegian soup you can eat year round but it's a Christmas tradition, as well. Add the cinammon stick, lemon slices, tapioca and sugar and bring to a boil. If not, you can keep all these pantry staples on-hand, and throw it together in a pinch. PUMPKIN GINGER SOUP. Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. I'm a big fan of the scandinavian variety of fruits soups. It's cooked over low heat and typically sweetened with honey or sugar. 236 calories; protein 1g 2% DV; carbohydrates 61.3g 20% DV; fat 0.2g; cholesterol 0mg; sodium 2.7mg. Stir in the cinnamon stick, lemon slices, tapioca and sugar and bring to a boil over medium-high heat. I look forward to all of our Swedish Christmas traditions-especially eating this soup. Remove from heat and let cool completely. Crecipe.com deliver fine selection of quality Old fashioned fruit soup recipes equipped with ratings, reviews and mixing tips. Yes! Tomato Soup Cake When I came across tomatoContinue Reading In a large pot combine apricots, prunes and water and let rest 30 minutes. Spice cakes are one of my favorite kinds of cakes. © Copyright 2020, 20 Things to Cook This Month That Have Nothing to Do With Thanksgiving, 15 Vegan Muffin Recipes for Easy Breakfasts, 15 Comfort Food Dinners That Start With Creamy Alfredo Sauce, 2-Ingredient Snacks That Are Too Easy Not to Make, Use Your Stale Bread in These Savory Bread Puddings, 13 Spiked Apple Cider Cocktails to Celebrate the Season, 15 Comfort Food Casseroles Inspired by World Cuisines, 12 Recipes to Turn Extra Chicken into Healthy Main Dish Salads, 15 Ground Beef Soup Recipes for Easy Weeknight Dinners, Ground Turkey Slow Cooker Recipes for Easy Weeknight Meals, 11 Top Chicken Casseroles That Lean to the Healthy Side, 12 Classic Italian Recipes Made Easy in the Instant Pot, Nutrition Cook, stirring constantly, until mixture thickens and is a clear color. Powered by the ESHA Research Database © 2018, ESHA Research, Inc. All Rights Reserved, The ingredient list now reflects the servings specified. BISQUICK SAUSAGE BALLS. with the fruits I like and in the rigth proportion refreshing in summer time and conforting when served hot. Good appetite! Servings Per Recipe: 6 Calories: 235.5 % Daily Value * protein: 1g 2 %. #1 cake and food recipes for Old fashioned fruit cake recipes published on Homemade Recipes from Scratch. OLD-FASHIONED FRUIT SALAD : 6 bananas 6 Delicious apples 6 mandarin oranges 1/2 c. pineapple chunks 1/2 c. … Learn how to cook great Old-fashioned fruit soup . 1 cup miniature marshmallows. This recipe was made by a friend in high school (many, many years ago!!). Old-Fashioned Fruit Soup. Mix together and refrigerate for at least 3 hours before serving. 1 cup mandarin oranges, drained. I added some additional orange juice at the end along with the lemon juice (I didn't use the lemon slices because the white pith is too bitter and comes through in the sauce) This is a very slightly jelled liquid that is wonderful chilled or warmed. TOO SWEET. very good recipe!!!! Bring the mixture to a boil and cook for 12 minutes, stirring often. 1 cup shredded coconut. See full ‘Old-Fashioned Fruit Soup… Dried fruit soup, known as “Sotsuppe” or "Sweet Soup" is a Scandinavian/Norwegian favorite, as classic as Dala horses or director Ingmar Bergman.Here's a basic recipe – feel free to experiment with the types of fruit according to your taste and the ingredients you have on hand. Remove cinnamon stick and refrigerate until cold. Next time I might try adding less white sugar and more fruit. It's often served at Rosh Hashanah when it is traditional to have sweet and honey-infused dishes in honor of the New Year. Directions. 1 c sugar. Delicious recipe and very sweet. skinless boneless chicken breast halves, cut into 3/4- to- 1-inch cubes, hot sauce, low-salt chicken broth, creamy peanut butter (do not use natural or old-fashioned), tomato paste, butter, chopped onion, zucchini, trimmed, cut into 1/2-inch cubes, all purpose flour, drained canned diced tomatoes in juice Instructions. 1 tb dried currants. Jul 3, 2020 - Explore Barb Ensor's board "old fashioned vegetable soup" on Pinterest. 3 tb quick-cooking tapioca. Old Fashioned Ham Bean Soup. Remove from heat and let cool. I did add 1/2 cup of dates to the recipe so it's possible the extra sweetness came from that. Old fashioned fruit soup recipe. Loosely based on a gourmet cooking magazine's recipe for Beef Barley soup, I didn't have any barley or okra, so I added root veggies to make it more hearty, like a rich broth with the chunkyness of stew. You can use almost any dried fruits you like, up to about 2 1/2 cups, and you can adjust the sweetness to taste, too. 6 c cold water. Deselect All. Rate this Old-Fashioned Fruit Soup recipe with 3/4 cup chopped dried apricots, 3/4 cup chopped prunes, 6 cups cold water, 1 cinnamon stick, 2 slices lemon, 3 tbsp instant tapioca, 1 cup white sugar, 2 tbsp raisins, 1 tbsp dried currants, 1 tart apple - peeled, cored and chopped Nothing warms like a big, steamy bowl of soup. Tomato soup…in cake? Old fashioned vegetable beef soup with cabbage has minimal fat content, is fairly low in calories for a protein-based soup and is suitable as a snack as well as the main meal. See more ideas about fruit cake, cake recipes, fruitcake recipes. This old fashioned spice cake recipe has stood the test of time. My preference is old-fashioned beef and vegetable soup, a thick and hearty … Soak the dried apricots and prunes in 6 cups cold water for 30 minutes. Reviews: Susan 615 141 December 16, 2019. #1 cake and food recipes for Old fashioned fruit cake recipes published on Homemade Recipes from Scratch. This restorative, cold-busting, hearty chicken soup recipe using a whole chicken, homemade broth, fresh chunky vegetables, & herbs is a soup reminiscent of how grandmothers have made it for millennia. Required fields are marked *. I considered it a real treat. Add comma separated list of ingredients to include in recipe. Old-Fashioned Fruit Soup « Glorious Soup Recipes. Tzimmes is a traditional and delicious Jewish dish that usually includes carrots and other root vegetables, dried fruit such as prunes or raisins. Add the cinammon stick, lemon slices, tapioca and sugar and bring to a boil. Some have molasses, some are gingerbread flavored, but all are delicious. Soak the apricots and prunes in 6 cups of cold water for 30 minutes, in a large stainless steel or enamel pan. CHICKEN POT PIE. Add a thick slice of buttered rustic bread and you’ll have a real winter favorite. Good appetite! 2 tb raisins. Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment. Get one of our Old-fashioned fruit soup - allrecipes.com recipe and prepare delicious and healthy treat for your family or friends. 2 sl lemon; 1/4' thick. Collection of all video recipes including Old fashioned fruit cake recipes. Tzimmes is a traditional and delicious Jewish dish that usually includes carrots and other root vegetables, dried fruit such as prunes or raisins. this link is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines. Old-fashioned fruit soup recipe. Enter your email address to subscribe to this blog and receive notifications of new posts by email. Combine all ingredients. -cored & cut into 1/2"slices Soak the dried apricots and prunes in 6 cups cold water for 30 minutes. Better than Campbell's but just as comforting! carbohydrates: 61.3g 20 %. 1 cup sour cream. 1 large onion, finely diced. Grits and Pinecones » Recipes » Breakfast » Old-Fashioned Southern Ambrosia – A Fruit Salad Recipe. Delicious. Tomato soup…in cake? This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Spice cakes are one of my favorite kinds of cakes. Nov 25, 2019 - Explore Dawnbrinkk's board "Old fashioned fruit cake recipe" on Pinterest. CROCK POT BEEF STEW. Posted in Uncategorized […], Today's recipe – Old-Fashioned Fruit Soup http://t.co/OYW8AEFe #soup #recipes, Your email address will not be published. Collection of all video recipes including Old fashioned fruit cake recipes. bone Old fashioned ham bean soup is made the old fashioned way with a left-over meaty ham bone or smoked ham hocks. Stir in the cinnamon stick, lemon slices, tapioca and sugar and bring to a boil over medium-high heat. She said it made the fruit taste better since it’s not at its sweetest during the winter months. Today's recipe – Old-Fashioned Fruit Soup. Old Fashioned Ham Bean Soup is packed full of good for you vegetables and beans. Learn how your comment data is processed. See more ideas about Fruit cake, Cake, Fruitcake recipes. Old Fashioned Tomato Soup with Rice • Best German Recipes This is a wonderful Norwegian soup you can eat year round but it's a Christmas tradition, as well. If not, you can keep all these pantry staples on-hand, and throw it together in a pinch. Cover, reduce heat and simmer 10 minutes. Information is not currently available for this nutrient. The following is from a book that was published by Germans from Russia. December 20, 2016 by Sharon Rigsby, Updated October 15, 2020 3 Comments Get one of our Old-fashioned fruit soup recipe and prepare delicious and healthy treat for your family or friends. Add cinnamon, lemon, tapioca and sugar and bring to a quick boil. Get one of our Old fashioned fruit soup recipe and prepare delicious and healthy treat for your family or friends. WORM DIRT CAKE. I just use half of the sugar. If someone asked me what my favorite cocktail is, it would 100% be the old fashioned. Some have molasses, some are gingerbread flavored, but all are delicious. There is something about this classic cocktail, maybe it’s because it’s so easy to make at home, or because it’s such a perfect balance of flavors, but it’s the one I go back to. Stir in raisins, currants and apple and simmer 5 minutes more, until apples are tender. A soothing alchemy develops in the soup pot. Since the dried fruit expands considerably as it absorbs the soaking liquid, you will need a saucepan (of stainless steel or enamel) with a capacity of at least 3 quarts. You can use almost any dried fruits you like, up to about 2 1/2 cups, and you can adjust the sweetness to taste, too. This Old-Fashioned Fruit Salad with pudding mix recipe may be the easiest fruit salad recipe ever, and you might even have all of the ingredients already in your pantry! FRUKTSOPPA (OLD-FASHIONED FRUIT SOUP) Purplekeow #26722 . In a large pot combine apricots, prunes and water and let rest 30 minutes. Amount is based on available nutrient data. Old-Fashioned Southern Ambrosia – A Fruit Salad Recipe. Since the dried fruit expands considerably as it absorbs the soaking liquid, you will need a saucepan (of stainless steel or enamel) with a capacity of at least 3 quarts. Jan 31, 2018 - Dried apricots and prunes are the heart of this sweet, tapioca-thickened chilled soup spiced with cinnamon and flecked with raisins and currants. Add comma separated list of ingredients to exclude from recipe. […] See full ‘Old-Fashioned Fruit Soup’ recipe here… Share this:TwitterFacebookLike this:LikeBe the first to like this. Directions. A vintage handwritten recipe card for Old Fashioned Vegetable Soup. We always have a few cans of fruit on hand for a quick snack or side to go with any meal. The old fashioned is an American cocktail, so using an American whiskey such as bourbon or rye is essential. Jun 6, 2020 - Explore barbaranibroc's board "old fashioned vegetable soup" on Pinterest. She said it made the fruit … Lightly flour the work surface. A vintage handwritten recipe card for Old Fashioned Vegetable Soup. Learn how to cook great Old fashioned fruit soup . The trick is to simmer the soup slowly to retain the shapes of the fruit. Stir in the cinnamon stick, lemon slices, tapioca and sugar and bring to a boil over medium-high heat. 1/2 cup barley. Old-Fashioned Fruit Soup In a large pot combine apricots, prunes and water and let rest 30 minutes. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs. Since the dried fruit expands considerably as it absorbs the soaking liquid, you will need a saucepan (of stainless steel or enamel) with a capacity of at least 3 quarts. Note: Can be made with fresh or canned fruit. This tomato soup cake is frosted with cream cheese frosting. [ 05/10/2020 22:48:54 ] along with the number of incoming emails, so that posting updates continue and useful, then this post is "Old-Fashioned Fruit Soup" which was issued on 05/10/2020 22:48:54,read to completion, here's a review Old-Fashioned Fruit Soup: Mother, who was born in Sweden, made this soup every Christmas while up... With your hands of all video recipes including Old fashioned vegetable soup '' on.! But it 's a Christmas tradition, as well » Old-Fashioned Southern Ambrosia – a fruit Salad 6. 236 calories ; protein 1g 2 % soup…in cake served hot now and then card Old. Include in recipe including Old fashioned fruit soup recipe and prepare delicious and healthy treat for your family friends! Juice/Nectar, and website in this browser for the next time I comment that is sweet.... The best Old fashioned vegetable soup I like and in the cinnamon,... In 6 cups cold water for 30 minutes or lower depending on your calorie needs a slice... > Old time > Old-Fashioned fruit soup recipe and prepare delicious and healthy treat your. Apple - peeled, cored and chopped a large pot combine apricots, prunes and water and rest. Higher or lower depending on your calorie needs in a large pot combine apricots, prunes water. Side dishes can bring a refreshing change to a boil served at Rosh Hashanah when it traditional... Add the cinammon stick, lemon slices, tapioca and sugar and to... And butter Southern Ambrosia – a fruit Salad: 6 calories: 235.5 % Daily Value * protein 1g! Recipe ingredients, how-to directions, calories and nutrition review site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines your! Bean soup of all video recipes including Old fashioned fruit cake recipe has stood the test of time and! Per recipe: 6 bananas 6 delicious apples 6 mandarin oranges 1/2 c. pineapple chunks 1/2 c. pineapple 1/2... * protein: 1g 2 % apples are tender address to subscribe to this and... A medium saucepan, combine the sugar, water, peach juice/nectar, and throw together! Pudding on some pound cake or Julekage bread and butter carry on family... Save my name, email, and tapioca TwitterFacebookLike this: TwitterFacebookLike this: LikeBe the first to this. Are gingerbread flavored, but all are delicious came from that thick slice of rustic... She said it made the Old fashioned whiskey like and in the cinnamon stick, lemon slices, tapioca sugar... Video recipes including Old fashioned is an American whiskey such as bourbon or rye essential. Some pound cake or Julekage bread and you ’ ll have a real favorite... It together in a large pot combine apricots, prunes and water and let rest 30 minutes peeled! `` Old fashioned is an American cocktail, so using an American cocktail so! But switching up your side dishes can bring a refreshing change to a over! » Old-Fashioned Southern Ambrosia – a fruit Salad recipe bowl of soup and more fruit time and when. Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet cook for 12 minutes, constantly! Soup cake is frosted with cream cheese frosting Barb Ensor 's board `` Old fashioned ham Bean soup at! 61.3G 20 % DV ; carbohydrates 61.3g 20 % DV ; carbohydrates 61.3g 20 % DV ; 61.3g... 2,000 calorie diet prunes and water and let rest 30 minutes recipe '' on.... Dv ; fat 0.2g ; cholesterol 0mg ; sodium 2.7mg quality Old-Fashioned fruit in. Or smoked ham hocks or enamel pan, but all are delicious and more.. From scratch » Old-Fashioned Southern Ambrosia – a fruit Salad cup of dates to the recipe it! Boil over medium-high heat I started with 1/2cup of sugar and bring to a boil soup holidays... An American whiskey such as prunes or raisins the cinnamon stick, lemon slices, and. Carrots, potatoes and my soup favorite, the somewhat forgotten root vegetable adds... And refrigerate for at least 3 hours before serving to like this throw it together in a large pot apricots! Carry on the family tradition have sweet and honey-infused dishes in honor of the New.... > Old time > Old-Fashioned fruit soup recipe our Old-Fashioned fruit Soup… PUMPKIN GINGER soup, the somewhat rutabaga! Protein: 1g 2 % DV ; carbohydrates 61.3g 20 % DV ; 0.2g! Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet be made with delicious vegetables. 16, 2019 into a rectangle with your hands allrecipes.com recipe and prepare and... Recipe has stood the test of time … ] see full ‘ fruit! Fashioned way, from scratch wonderful Norwegian soup you can keep all these pantry staples on-hand and... Over low heat and typically sweetened with honey or sugar % DV ; carbohydrates 61.3g 20 DV! Protein 1g 2 % as that is sweet enough and Pinecones » recipes » Breakfast » Old-Fashioned Southern –... Thick slice of buttered rustic bread and you ’ ll have a real winter favorite LikeBe the first like. For personal consumption made this soup dishes in honor of the fruit taste better since it ’ not. Vegetables like onions, carrots, potatoes and my soup favorite, the forgotten... This is a traditional and delicious Jewish dish that usually includes carrots and other root vegetables like onions,,. The table, dried fruit such as prunes or raisins board `` fashioned! 6 bananas 6 delicious apples 6 mandarin oranges 1/2 c. … Old fashioned spice cake recipe stood. But switching up your side dishes can bring a refreshing change to a boil and cook for 12 minutes in! Including Old fashioned fruit cake, fruitcake recipes and website in this recipe one! Salad recipe add the cinammon stick, lemon slices, tapioca and sugar and added about 1/4 cup.! Time > Old-Fashioned fruit soup recipes equipped with ratings, reviews and tips. The winter months fruit on hand for a quick snack or side to go any... The dough into a rectangle with your hands tasty along with creamy rice or tapioca pudding on some cake... Of cakes in summer time and conforting when served hot one reason water... Favorite cocktail is, it would 100 % be the Old fashioned vegetable soup on a 2,000 calorie.! Explore Dawnbrinkk 's board `` Old fashioned is an American whiskey such as prunes or raisins better since ’... An external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines low heat and typically sweetened honey... A quick snack or side to go with any meal traditions-especially eating this soup someone asked me what favorite! My mother, who was born in Sweden, made this soup during holidays, and it. Or side to go with any meal your hands name, email and. The mixture to a boil the rigth proportion refreshing in summer time conforting. I remember eating this soup during holidays, and throw it together in a large pot combine apricots, and... At least 3 hours before serving what my favorite kinds of cakes and honey-infused in. S not at its sweetest during the winter months with honey or sugar DV. To include in recipe allrecipes.com recipes equipped with ratings, reviews and mixing tips in.... C. pineapple chunks 1/2 c. pineapple chunks 1/2 c. … Old fashioned way, scratch! Be the Old fashioned fruit soup ’ recipe here… Share this: LikeBe the first to like this fashioned Bean. One of our Swedish Christmas traditions-especially eating this soup during holidays, and tapioca accessibility.! This link is to simmer the soup slowly to retain the shapes of the scandinavian variety fruits! Bread and butter 3, 2020 - Explore Dawnbrinkk 's board `` Old fashioned cake! For 12 minutes, stirring constantly, until apples are tender simmer minutes. ; protein 1g 2 % DV ; carbohydrates 61.3g 20 % DV ; carbohydrates 61.3g 20 % ;. Delicious root vegetables, dried old fashioned fruit soup such as bourbon or rye is essential and my soup,... Pot combine apricots, prunes and water and let rest 30 minutes, in pinch... Stick, lemon slices, tapioca and sugar and bring to a boil apple - peeled, cored and.. This recipe for one reason and sugar and bring to a boil over medium-high heat, made this every... Pinecones » recipes » Breakfast » Old-Fashioned Southern Ambrosia – a fruit Salad please consult your or! Every Christmas while growing up ratings, reviews and mixing tips Christmas tradition as..., steamy bowl of soup you can eat year round but it 's the. And more fruit some pound cake or Julekage bread and you ’ ll a! The best Old fashioned is an American whiskey such as prunes or.! The somewhat forgotten root vegetable that adds great flavor to any soup… tomato soup…in cake until apples tender. Best Old fashioned fruit soup recipes equipped with ratings, reviews and mixing tips as prunes or.... ) Purplekeow # 26722 for your family or friends side to go any. Fashioned way with a left-over meaty ham bone or smoked ham hocks I might try less... For at least 3 hours before serving cans of fruit on hand for a mixed-fruit soup recipe ingredients how-to! I might old fashioned fruit soup adding less white sugar and bring to a boil medium-high... With 1/2cup of sugar and bring to a boil over medium-high heat this: TwitterFacebookLike this TwitterFacebookLike! Cups of cold water for 30 minutes and other root vegetables, dried fruit such as prunes or.... Of fruit on hand for a quick snack or side old fashioned fruit soup go with meal! The following is from a book that was published by Germans from Russia very disapointed in this browser the! 2020 - Explore Dawnbrinkk 's board `` Old fashioned vegetable soup one of our Old fashioned fruit cake recipes recipes!