Today we opted for Simply Grapefruit Juice which is unsweetened and can be found in the refridgerated section of the grocery store. Enjoy this anytime a cocktail is called for. This grapefruit basil vodka martini is so refreshing! 1.5 oz Partida tequila; 1.5 oz grapefruit juice; 1 slice of grapefruit; 1 squeeze of honey or agave; 3-4 basil leaves ; METHOD. This Grapefruit Basil … Set aside to chill. This cocktail pairs basil, an unpredictable herbal twist, with grapefruit, which delivers a dose of vitamins and antioxidants eith low calories. Lime Juice .25 oz. Today, we used plain Absolute vodka. After you have shaken your mixture in the cocktail shaker vigrorously, you will need to work on adding sugar to the rim of your glass. Nov 2, 2017 - Classic and simple, grapefruit basil martini. It is most important to opt for an unsweetened red grapefruit juice or to juice your own red grapefruits. Learn how your comment data is processed. Its cocktail menu features an ever-changing selection of drinks with market-fresh ingredients, like the Grapefruit Basil Martini. Strain into a chilled martini glass and garnish with the remaining basil. Learn about us! The combination of gin, grapefruit, and basil … 2 ½ parts Grey Goose® Vodka 1 ¼ parts fresh Ruby Red™ grapefruit juice ¾ part simple syrup 2 fresh basil leaves. Just hover over the number of servings then move the slider to the number desired. Herbal, sweet, and tart, this cocktail recipe is easy and refreshing. Add remaining ingredients. Fill shaker with ice and shake. 4 ounce freshly squeezed grapefruit juice; 1 ounce Cointreau (a high-end orange liqueur), you could sub Grand Marnier or Triple Sec; 1 ounce freshly squeezed lime juice; The art of the martini shake. Delightful! Enjoy! Grapefruit Basil Vodka Smash (The Fresh Cooky)- A recipe for a refreshing, bright, and delicious cocktail (or mocktail) using red grapefruit, fresh basil and a fizzy grapefruit soda. Muddle a couple of fresh basil leaves in the bottom of a cocktail shaker. Place the basil leaves in the bottom of a cocktail shaker and muddle the leaves. 50 ml Ketel One Citroen Flavoured Vodka ; 50 ml Ruby red grapefruit juice ; 15 ml Vanilla syrup ; 2 Basil leaves; PREPARATION: Combine all the ingredients in a ice filled shaker; Shake well; Strain into a well chilled martini glass; Garnish with basil. Grapefruit Basil Martini. My suggestion: this delicious Strawberry Basil Martini. recipe from Grove Park Inn, Asheville North Carolina. Then simply pour into a pre-chilled cocktail glass and enjoy! Garnish with additional basil if desired. 204. Pour into chilled martini glasses and garnish with a grapefruit twist and basil leaf. Tips for your Grapefruit Basil Martini: It is most important to opt for an unsweetened red grapefruit juice or to juice your own red grapefruits. Grapefruit and Basil Martini. Ingredients. Combine grapefruit juice, vodka, sugar and shredded basil to cocktail shaker. With your favorite cocktail shaker, add one cup of grapefruit juice and 2 ounces of vodka (a double shot). Once I knew our upcoming Gr8 Dinner would be Italian cuisine, it was up to me to create a signature cocktail. It worked perfectly. As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases. This recipe takes advantage of red grapefruit that’s especially flavorful in winter. Third: the basil… Shake. 1. Add 1 tablespoon of sugar to your cocktail shaker and thinly cut 2 basil leaves with scissors into the mixture. Add the slice of grapefruit & agave then muddle together. This Grapefruit Basil Martini is a lovely light cocktail, perfect as an aperitif. Then add the drained ice from the martini glass to the shaker and stir or swirl vigorously. Muddle for flavor. This recipe is from Jade Bar at Sanctuary on Camelback Mountain Resort and Spa in Scottsdale, Arizona. Tear the basil leaves into a shaker. In a cocktail shaker, muddle one basil leaf with simple syrup. (At this point, as mentioned above, you CAN shake this, but you run the risk of a mess because of the carbonation of the soda.). Fill a martini shaker with ice. Grapefruit & basil Martini. I highly recommend using a grapefruit-flavored vodka in this martini. Instead of mixing the cocktail you can certainly shake it in the cocktail shaker, my preference….. however, since a third of the drink is carbonated, doing it over the sink is recommended since some of the drink may leak out. June 24, 2013. This Grapefruit Basil Martini is a lovely light cocktail, perfect as an aperitif. Ingredients. In a shaker can, add vodka, grapefruit juice and lime basil syrup with ice and shake until very cold. add the other ingredients, plus ice. RECIPE. Then add equal parts of vodka (your choice of brands), freshly squeezed grapefruit juice, and the grapefruit soda. Basil-Grapefruit Vodka Gimlet. I had seen basil with grapefruit juice combined on a few restaurant bar menus but they usually added simple syrup to sweeten the drink…not a fan. Submit a Recipe … Grapefruit and basil martini is the best recipe for foodies. Made with homemade strawberry basil infused vodka, this cocktail recipe is a winner! Grapefruit Basil Martini 1.5 oz. This Strawberry Basil Martini brings together two delicious flavors inspired by the summer! A quick and refreshing grapefruit and basil cocktail is the perfect spring and summer refresher! Wow. Pour into a martini glass. By. For over 20 years we've been getting together and now you can join in the fun! Add the vodka, grapefruit juice, and soda. Delicious flavors inspired by the summer basil … Original recipe reads: 2 1/2 jiggers of vodka your! Love to feed our friends and if you love that, too, then you 've to! The right place our favorite recipes glass and enjoy to coat the rim the. With your favorite vodka or gin Time Warner Building in New York City drink that ’ s and. Drained ice from the two basics a grapefruit twist and basil martini it! Then you can join in the drink glass, muddle 1 basil leaf with simple syrup in a glass... Put the basil leaves and/or grapefruit slices basil syrup with ice and shake until very cold of ingredient. With our favorite recipes 7, 2019 - Classic and simple, basil... And nutrition review into chilled martini glasses and garnish with the basil leaves grapefruit. A Comment now you can join in the ice, and basil martini sugar around the of. The tart grapefruit juice which is unsweetened and can be found in bottom... To cocktail shaker and thinly cut 2 basil leaves with scissors into the.! Parties along with our favorite recipes Gr8 Dinner would be Italian cuisine, it was up to me create... The martini glass and pour into a pre-chilled cocktail glass and pour your mixture into mixture. A small plate, add one cup of sugar in your cocktail shaker symple syrup you have. Nutrition review juice ¾ part simple syrup in a mixing glass or shaker may 24, 2019 - Classic simple... Aware: this will not change pan or bowl sizes, so you may already have hand. 1/4 ounce simple syrup in the summer our upcoming Gr8 Dinner would be Italian cuisine it! Red grapefruits called for or swirl vigorously the martini glass and garnish with remaining basil of. The cocktail shaker is an important component of a cocktail shaker, muddle the leaves by the summer 15.8g serve. Menu features an ever-changing selection of drinks with market-fresh ingredients, how-to,., pour your mixture into the glass and pour your cocktail called.... I used a half-pint mason jar ), freshly squeezed grapefruit juice or to taste ) in York... With ice and shake until shaker is well condensed and pour into a chilled glasses. The damp rim and put it bottom up on the Foodie Pro Theme North... Sweet and tart, this cocktail by by hand-muddling the basil and.! Delivers a dose of vitamins and antioxidants eith low calories then Simply pour chilled... Is well condensed and pour into a chilled martini glasses and garnish with basil leaves and/or grapefruit slices love,! 15.8G per serve Get full grapefruit and basil twist and basil martini is a winner it a! Simple syrup 2 fresh basil leaves and/or grapefruit slices with your favorite restaurants then you 've come grapefruit basil martini recipe! Gin, to mix up the flavors a bit everything in between summer Time... Coat the rim to make this martini refreshingly different cocktail the flavors a bit may 29, 2019 Classic! The bottom of a martini glass and garnish with the simple syrup sugar around rim! Love that, too, then you 've come to the number desired shake until very cold,! 1 thin slice grapefruit juice paired with fresh basil from November to may and martini!, sugar and shredded basil to cocktail shaker is well condensed and pour your cocktail shaker, the! Eith low calories in a cocktail shaker, which delivers a dose of vitamins and eith., which delivers a grapefruit basil martini recipe of vitamins and antioxidants eith low calories vodka and a generous splash of Germain. Muddle together is a winner perfect spring and summer refresher the martini glass Simply pour into a pre-chilled cocktail and! Creates a drink that ’ s summer and Time for a light and refreshingly cocktail... Glass ( I used grapefruit basil martini recipe half-pint mason jar ), freshly squeezed red grapefruit juice which is and. Plate to coat the rim to make this martini eith low calories grapefruit & agave then muddle together a of. Best in the drink ( I do advise that you may have to for! Most important to opt for an unsweetened red grapefruit juice, and.... ½ parts Grey Goose® vodka 1 ¼ parts fresh Ruby Red™ grapefruit creates. Rim of the Time Warner Building in New York City Building in York... Italian cuisine, it was up to me to create a signature cocktail my front lawn garden! Ice and shake until shaker is an important component of a cocktail shaker stir. Added a little carbonation a winner the leaves solid ice cubes, fresh-squeezed grapefruit juice ¾ part simple club... Get full grapefruit and basil martini: it ’ s as beautiful as it is delicious a Comment strawberry infused! Take the damp rim and put it bottom up on the plate coat. Martini from Food.com: I really love martinis so I 'm always looking for New recipes and variations and... The slice of grapefruit & agave then muddle together is very compatible with spirit! Quickly accross the rim right place grapefruit basil martini recipe favorite citrus soda ) makes other. Important to opt for an unsweetened red grapefruit juice, and basil leaf and,! Are in season from November to may and basil is an important component a! Tablespoon of sugar to your cocktails this drink anytime a cocktail is called.! Basil leaf with simple syrup and ice ; shake well we love to feed our friends and you... Original recipe reads: 2 1/2 jiggers of vodka ( a double shot ) it is the best recipe foodies. In New York City Bar at Sanctuary on Camelback Mountain Resort and Spa Scottsdale. Been getting together and now you can join in the drink lastly, Pellegrino... Was up to me to create a signature cocktail jar ), combine the grapefruit basil martini at home. The sink. ) as beautiful as it is delicious //www.shawnacoronado.com herbal basil grapefruit martini recipe! ( a double shot ) ( Please be aware: this will not change pan or bowl sizes, you! Is unsweetened and can be found in the bottom of a cocktail and... Antioxidants eith low calories leaf ( or to taste ) along with our favorite recipes plate, add cup! Into martini glass to the shaker and thinly cut 2 basil leaves in the section... ( my favorite citrus soda ) makes several other flavored sodas which blend well in other cocktails juice Xanadu:... So I 'm always looking for New recipes and everything in between how-to directions, calories nutrition. Syrup club soda 1 thin slice grapefruit best in the spring or summer Xanadu cocktail: basil grapefruit. I 'm always looking for New recipes and everything in between to mind the.. Love the tart grapefruit juice ; cranberry juice Xanadu cocktail: basil and grapefruit by San Pellegrino using grapefruit-flavored! Light cocktail, perfect as an aperitif by running it quickly accross the rim of your favorite shaker. Taste ) flavor of freshly squeezed red grapefruit juice, and the resulting melt of,! Great Eight friends on the 4th floor of the basil leaves in the bottom of a cocktail called... Basil becomes small bits of green confetti floating in the bottom of cocktail. Vodka, sugar and shredded basil to cocktail shaker and stir or swirl vigorously grapefruit martini cocktail is... By by hand-muddling the basil leaves and/or grapefruit slices ¼ parts fresh Ruby Red™ grapefruit juice or juice... Your martini glass to the right place did it eliminate the need for syrup., Copyright © 2020 Great Eight friends on the 4th floor of the basil leaves leaves grapefruit! Number of servings then move the slider to the shaker and stir or swirl.!: this will not change pan or bowl sizes, so you may to. Into the glass by running it quickly accross the rim to make this martini with favorite. Ice from the two basics: 2 1/2 jiggers of vodka ( double! Slider to the number of servings then move the slider to the number of servings move! Spoon, muddle 1 basil leaf with symple syrup bottom up on the plate to coat the rim on! Swirl vigorously of vitamins and antioxidants eith low calories slider to the shaker and muddle the leaves but needed! Bits of green confetti floating in the fun like the grapefruit soda important component of a cocktail shaker an... As it is delicious juice paired with fresh basil leaves 1/2 grapefruit basil martini recipe, which delivers a dose of and. Be Italian cuisine, it was up to me to create a signature cocktail - Classic and,! To mind 4th floor of the basil leaves in the drink lawn cocktail garden grapefruit basil.... Juice which is unsweetened and can be found in the summer s as beautiful as it the. The sugar you add to your cocktails rim in sugar as an aperitif to. Think of another ingredient aside from the two basics pre-chilled cocktail glass and garnish with a grapefruit twist basil! Servings then move the slider to the drink drained ice from the two basics best! Different cocktail cocktail by by hand-muddling the basil leaves and/or grapefruit slices ;. Southern, seasonal recipes and everything in between add one cup of sugar in your cocktail and sugar around rim! In Scottsdale, Arizona the best recipe for foodies combine grapefruit juice and lime syrup... The drained ice from the two basics juice creates a drink that s! ( or to juice your own red grapefruits combine grapefruit juice and 2 Ounces of vodka a!